Privitization plans on the Turnpike and Parkway will be discussed on Thursday. The Assembly State Government Committee will hold a hearing on Thursday to receive testimony on the New Jersey Turnpike Authority’s plans to privatize toll collections on the Turnpike and Garden State Parkway, a move that could impact nearly 700 workers between the two major highways.
Those currently expected to testify include:
– Charles Wowkanech, President, NJ State AFL-CIO;
– Fran Ehret, President, Local 194;
– Frank Forst, Former Business Manager, Local 194;
– Dolores Gorczyca, International Rep for IFPTE & Recording Secretary of the Coalition of Labor Union Women National Council; and
– Dr. Jeff Keefe – Rutgers University Professor, School of Management and Labor Relations.