Atlantic City Electric continues to work non-stop to restore electric service to customers who lost power as a result of Hurricane Sandy. At the peak of the storm, more than 220,000 customers lost power. As of 6 a.m. Wednesday, approximately half of those were back on line. The expectation is that 90 percent of mainland customers will be back on line by midnight Sunday, November 4. Damage assessments in the barrier island communities continue and are expected to be completed today. Restoring electric service to the most severely impacted of those barrier island communities may require more than a week.
- 987 THE COAST ELECTION NIGHT RESULTS
- BIG CROWDS AT THE SHORE, ATTEND MEMORIAL DAY EVENTS
- MORE LAYOFFS COMING TO ATLANTIC CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
- GUNSHOTS FIRED DURING CAR CHASE IN WILDWOOD, MIDDLE TWP.
- TWO DEAD IN WEEKEND ACCIDENT IN MILLVILLE
- CHRISTIE PLACES MIDDLE OF THE PACK IN GOP STRAW POLL
- USS NEW JERSEY TO BE ADDED TO NAVY FLEET
- ACCIDENT ON ROUTE 42 CLAIMS A LIFE SATURDAY NIGHT
- STATE GAS PRICES DOWN NEARLY A DOLLAR VERSUS LAST MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND
- MIDDLE TOWNSHIP POLICE INVESTIGATE SHOOTING
- AVALON OPENS NEW DUNE AND BEACH PATH TRAIL